Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Co. Pizzeria- CHELSEA

On the corner of 24th st and 9th ave, Co. (short for company) stands out like a sore thumb on the not so trendy Chelsea meets Midtown West intersection. I went in on a chilly Tuesday around 2 PM, and for a $13 margarita pizza, I figured I'd be eating alone (the restaurant was half full). Also for $13 (pizzas range from $9-$18), I was a bit disappointed. The entire outer ring of the crust was blackened and as much as I enjoy the taste of charcoal, I was unable to eat my usual favorite part of the pie. The dough was light and fluffy, or should I say, fluffy and more fluffy. It was a bit soggy in the middle, but for no particular reason. The sauce seemed runny and watered down. The cheese was yummy, yet the dough (though a grandchild of Sullivan St. Bakery) took over the pizza. I'd go back, but not before a few drinks and a different kind of pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment