Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rush Hour, Burger Bar- LES

I have a soft spot in my stomach for gourmet turkey burgers. It probably all dates back to when I was a little girl and still ate beef and I wouldn't eat my dad's homemade hamburgers unless they were topped with tiny chopped onions like McDonalds'.

Fortunately, down on the Lower East Side, tucked among bars and drunken hipsters, Rush Hour serves their hot little brioche burger buns anyway I like.

To begin with, beef is not the only thing for dinner at Rush Hour, aside from sandwiches and several incarnations of fried potatoes, diners have their choice of six different veggie, meat or poultry fillings for their burgers, paired with cheese, lettuce and tomato, or one of the 18 different signature toppings. (If I didn't fail grade school math that's 120 different burger possibilities).

Toppings vary from French themed goat cheese and caramelized onion (amazing!) to Brazilian mango and swiss cheese or Old Lady style pesto and mozzarella-- warmed individually a pannini press. In the end there is little to complain about, beyond the difficulty of deciding, and the ironically slow speed with which the food is served, even when there are only two people in the restaurant.


Photocredit Roboppy- http://www.flickr.com/photos/roboppy/226922998/

No comments:

Post a Comment