Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thor- Norse for really bad food on the LES

I could forgive Thor for the bad service, tacky decor, and borderline offensive maître'd, but I cannot forgive Thor for screwing up my duck salad.

Okay, I should clarify, it's not that the restaurant screwed up per se, but rather that the very basis of their recipe undermined what is so wonderful and unique about duck, and transformed what I usually consider to be the most delectable of birds into chewy chunks of oversalted meat tossed with cheap truffle oil. True, the cheeseburger was good, the fries acceptable, and the pathetic serving of risotto was adequately palateable for a dish that is so easy to screw up, but that salad... it was so bad that when I was still hungry at the end of the meal I chose to go to punjabi's on Houston st for a three dollar bowl of rice with curry rather than risk further offending my tastebuds...

Oh and those chairs? Just as uncomfortable as they look. My ass fell asleep before the free bread came, which, come to think of it, was probably the best part of the meal.
Mobile Blogging from here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Food Snob,

    We'll be opening tomorrow, March 24, at 5 PM. Come get a table!

    Best,
    Tonda

    ReplyDelete